Welcome to Fame Preschool & Afterschool Care
Fame is an exciting and friendly centre where children grow and learn with confidence.
We are a family owned and managed business based in Stanmore Bay since 2002, and we have a fantastic purpose-built centre which opened early in 2014.
Each day at Fame is a special blend of loving care, fun and education, with a unique focus on performing arts.
Fame Preschool Offers:
- Care for children from birth to 6 year olds
- A mixed age environment where children can grow as a family
- Younger infants and toddler's have a separate room, set up for their needs
- Specialist teachers in performance dance, drama, music, visual arts, science and cooking
- Fantastic end of term productions that develop confidence through sharing children's learning and having fun
- Daily learning groups including an excellent 'ready for school' programme
- Teacher to child ratios well above government standards
- Teachers who are experienced and qualified to provide exceptional care and education
- Social events for families to get to know other families in our community
- Pickup from Whangaparaoa and Stanmore Bay Schools
- Afternoon tea provided
- Fun arts, crafts and baking activites options, and homework club
- Limited spaces and great teacher to child ratios
More information on the After School Page
"Thanks to Lana and the wonderful team who provide such amazing care for our kids!" Parents of 2 at Fame.
Fame's owner Lana van der Harst is a qualified and registered early childhood teacher with over 18 years teaching experience in this area. Having worked in a variety of ECE roles over this time, Lana decided in 2002 to set up her own business in Early Childhood Education so Fame Limited was established. The sole aim of the organisation was to provide a quality environment where children could “grow and learn with confidence”.
Both of Lana's boys have grown up as "Fame kids" and as a manager and parent, Lana has always prioritised the needs and best interests of all the children at Fame.
Lana and her husband Rob both have a strong passion for dance, music and performance, believing that these activities hold many benefits for helping children to develop a healthy aptitude towards learning, together with the growth of self- confidence.
It followed naturally that the philosophy for Fame Limited should be based on these beliefs.
Over the past 13 years Lana has always endeavoured to provide an environment that produces an enjoyable learning situation; not only for the children, but also for teachers, parents/caregivers and whanau. This aspect is a pivotal point for the centre. Lana feels that building a community of support for all involved through caring and encouraging friendships with connection, the children are able to learn what it is to truly value others as well as themselves. These aspects will embed in the children a sense pride together with a sense of worth and belonging.
"Children are sponges, soaking up all that surrounds them and the way in which we interact with one another tells a child a story about how life can be. It is so important for adults to establish true and honest relationships and present themselves with integrity to the children, while always having a sense of fun in the process.
It is my deep belief that if we enable children to feel loved, stable and safe in their preschool environment, everything else will follow with ease”.